Two hurt in Wells County fire caused by gas line rupture

("Afraid of a little forest fire?" by Staci Lichterman, CC BY 2.0)

WELLS COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO) – Two people were injured in Wells County on Saturday after a gas line ruptured and caused a flash fire, according to the Journal Gazette.

Officials from the Poneto Fire Department stated the incident occurred on the 6700 Block of South Meridian Road in a detached garage/shop.  The ruptured gas line was feeding a wall-mounted heater in the building.

The victims of the flash fire were taken to the burn unit at St. Joseph Hospital in Fort Wayne.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here