FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – The official hours for Trick-or-Treating 2018 have been set for Fort Wayne.
Trick-or-Treating will be observed in the City from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
The Fort Wayne Police Department wants to remind parents and children that Trick-or-Treaters should only visit homes with an illuminated exterior front light, or porch light. Trick-or-Treaters should also remember the following safety rules:
- Do not wear costumes that obscure your vision.
- Wear reflective clothing, or light-colored clothing, to make you more visible to motorists.
- Travel in groups with at least one adult.
- Have a pre-planned route.
- Only cross streets at the crosswalks.
- Visit familiar homes, and do not enter a stranger’s home.
- Be prepared for adverse weather.
- Refrain from eating any treats until inspected by an adult.