FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): The Red Cross doesn’t want giving blood to be scary. Instead, they are offering a different way to get spooked.
The American Red Cross is giving away free haunted house tickets to anyone who gives blood at certain blood drives, according to the American Red Cross. The tickets are good for the Haunted Hotel in Huntington or the Hysterium Asylum in Fort Wayne.
“Often times people are afraid to give blood for the first time,” Communications Manager for the Red Cross Rodney Wilson said. “Giving blood is not a painful process. It’s quick and easy and it feels good to help safe lives. Halloween is the perfect time to face your fears if you have always thought giving blood seemed scary.”
To receive a free ticket, donate blood at one of the drives below.
- 5 to 9 p.m. Oct. 22 at the Haunted Hysterium, 4410 Arden Drive, Fort Wayne
- Noon to 6 p.m. Oct. 25 at RE/MAX, 100 Growth Parkway, Suite D, Angola
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 26 at Defiance College, 701 N. Clinton St., Defiance, Ohio
- 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 28 at Bryan High School, 1000 W. Fountain Grove Drive, Bryan, Ohio
- 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Antwerp High School, 303 S. Harmmann Road, Antwerp, Ohio.
The Haunted Hotel and Hysterium Asylum are providing the tickets. The tickets are valid anytime the haunted houses are open, except Oct. 22 and Oct. 29.