FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Members of the city of Fort Wayne’s newly-created Public Art Commission have been announced.
The commission, which was established in March by the city council, oversees the city’s new Public Art Program, according to Inside Indiana Business.
It will commission, review and select works that will be displayed in public spaces. The city says the goal is to boost Fort Wayne’s “visual environment and strengthen the positive reputation, brand and stature.”
The commission members will be sworn in on Thursday and will then hold their first meeting, which will include the nomination of two working artists to the commission.
The full list of members follows:
• Susan Mendenhall – Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne
• Charles Shepard – Fort Wayne Museum of Art
• Renata Robinson – Artlink
• Tim Parsley – University of Saint Francis School of Creative Arts
• John O’Connell – Purdue Fort Wayne School of Visual & Performing Arts
• Alec Johnson – Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
• Pam Holocher – City of Fort Wayne Community Development
• Theoplis Smith, City Council appointee
• Tom Smith, City Council appointee
• Nancy Stewart, Mayoral appointee
• Randy Strebig, Mayoral appointee