FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): NIPSCO wants to help its costumers save money and energy.
The company announced Tuesday new energy efficiency programs.
Residential energy saving programs:
· Rebates for Energy Efficient Appliances/Equipment: Offers rebate checks to NIPSCO natural gas and electric customers who purchase and install qualified energy efficient products – ranging from $50 for Smart Wi-Fi Thermostats to $500 for Geothermal Heat Pumps.
· Cash for Old Fridges/Freezers: Offers a $50 incentive check to electric customers who recycle an old working refrigerator and/or freezer that is not needed.
· Free Home Energy Assessment: An energy advisor will analyze a customer’s energy use and may install energy-saving measures to help improve the efficiency and comfort of the home.
· Lighting Discounts: Instant lighting discounts on ENERGY STAR® qualified LED and CFL lighting at participating retailers.
· Energy Efficiency Education: Designed to deliver cost-effective gas and electric savings by influencing fifth grade students and their families to focus on conservation and the efficient use of electricity and natural gas.
· Home Weatherization for Income Qualified Customers: Helps low income families and individuals decrease home energy costs and become more attentive to energy related health and safety issues in the home through the installation of several energy efficiency measures.
· My Energy Scorecard: Coming soon! The new personalized online and interactive energy report that shows how the home uses energy, how weather drove energy use the previous month, energy use compared to similar-sized homes in the area, and more.
· Refrigerator Replacement for Income Qualified Customers: Provides qualified customers with the replacement of an inefficient refrigerator with a new ENERGY STAR refrigerator at no cost to the customer.
Commercial, industrial and non-profit energy savings programs:
· Cash Incentives for Efficient Improvements: Offers standard and custom incentives to customers who are making electric and natural gas energy efficiency improvements by retrofitting equipment in existing buildings.
· Energy Savings for Small Businesses: Provides energy-saving opportunities and assistance to existing small business facilities to maximize their energy savings and minimize their out-of-pocket costs.
· Facility Optimization: Designed to help customers determine the energy performance of their facilities in order to identify energy savings opportunities through optimization of their existing systems.
· Incentives for New Construction: Offers incentives to encourage building owners, designers and architects to exceed standard building practices and achieve energy efficiency above and beyond the current building code requirements. The goal of this program is to produce new buildings and building expansions that are efficient from the start.