ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO) – The Allen County Department of Environmental Management release a new schedule for their recycling drop-off sites. The new hours for the five drop-off sites will be Tuesdays-Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Drop-off site locations are:
- Stellhorn Village, 4522 Maplecrest Road, Fort Wayne
- Sam’s Club, 6736 Lima Road, Fort Wayne
- Little River Wetlands Project, 5000 Smith Road, Fort Wayne
- Kroger at Southgate Plaza, 281 Petit Avenue, Fort Wayne
- Riverside gardens, 14701 Schwartz Road, Leo-Cedarville
Drop-off services have been offered by the Allen County Department of Environmental Management for 28 years at multiple locations throughout the country. The recycling services allow residents to dispose of materials that cannot go to the landfill. Materials accepted are paper, plastic (#1-#7), glass (all colors), cardboard, aluminum cans, steel food cans and paperboard (cereal-type boxes).
Attendants are available during the open hours to assist. Materials that are left outside during closed hours are considered illegal dumping.