FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – On Friday, in Allen Superior Court, 29-year-old Aarron Suggs pleaded guilty to charges of attempted murder and aggravated battery, according to the Journal Gazette.
Around 1:30 a.m. on August 24, 44-year-old Christopher Pogue was shot seven times and 35-year-old Jacob Jeffrey was shot twice outside of The Rock Tavern located at the corner of Taylor Street and Broadway. Suggs was arrested that night as witnesses identified him as the shooter.
According to an affidavit, Suggs said “I’m the one that caused all the damage.”
He had been charged with being a felon in possession of a handgun, criminal recklessness and two counts each of attempted murder and aggravated battery. Suggs took a plea deal that says he would plead guilty to the attempted murder and aggravated battery charges and the other charges would be dismissed at his sentencing.
Suggs’s sentencing is scheduled for March 1. He faces up to 56 years in prison.