INDIANA, (WOWO) – The Indiana State Police have released results for their Thanksgiving Holiday Project Combined Accident Reduction Effort (C.A.R.E.).
The enforcement effort took place between November 21st through the 25th.
The project began in 1977, with Indiana and Michigan police as its founding members. Now, more than three dozen local and state law enforcement agencies nationwide participate in this life-saving project.
Indiana’s Thanksgiving Holiday Project results are as follows:
- Total Enforcement Stops: 5,673
- Speeding Violations: 1,683
- Seatbelt Violations: 91
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs/Alcohol: 51
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Enforcement Stops: 231
- CMV Inspection Stops: 480
- Total Crashes on Interstate/US Highways: 385
- Total Injury Crashes: 41
- Total Fatal Crashes: 1
- Total Fatalities: 1
- Felony Arrests: 79
- Motorist Assists: 1,393
Motorist Assists include help with directions, changing a flat tire, calling a tow truck, obtaining fuel or similar services.