COLUMBUS, Ind. (WOWO): A former Fort Wayne resident who was identified as one of those who stormed the U.S. Capitol earlier this month has been arrested.
Jon Schaffer of Columbus is facing six charges, including “engaging in an act of physical violence in a Capitol building,” according to the Indianapolis branch of the FBI.
Investigators say Schaffer, who attended Northrop High School in Fort Wayne but dropped out in 1984, was allegedly among rioters who sprayed Capitol Police with “bear spray.”
The full list of charges are as follows:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
- Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
- Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
- Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building