FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Lutheran Health Network’s Dupont Hospital has been named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by IBM Watson Health.
This marks the fourth time for the hospital to receive the award since 2015 and fifth overall.
The study uses publicly available clinical, operational and patient satisfaction data in 10 areas to determine scores. Those categories include:
- risk-adjusted inpatient mortality index
- risk-adjusted complications index
- mean healthcare-associated infection index
- mean 30-day risk-adjusted mortality rate
- mean 30-day risk-adjusted readmission rate
- severity-adjusted length of stay
- mean emergency department throughput
- case mix- and wage-adjusted inpatient expense per discharge
- adjusted operating profit margin
- HCAHPS score
“Consistently achieving a level of high quality that’s verified by independent sources is just one way we continue to measure how effectively Dupont is serving this community,” said Dupont Hospital CEO Lorenzo Suter.
The full list of the country’s top 100 hospitals is in the latest issue of Modern Healthcare magazine and at 100tophospitals.com.