FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – The Country Hearth Inn on Goshen Road was condemned Thursday afternoon, according to our partners in news at ABC 21.
The Allen County Building Department condemned the building due to exposed wires.
According to public records, the last known inspection was in April 2016, and 11 different issues were noted including:
- Failure to have certain permits displayed
- Missing or counterfeit inspection notice on display
- Failure to meet lobby, halls and stairs standards
- Damaged ceilings and bathrooms
- Bathrooms that failed to meet standards
30 rooms were occupied at the time of the condemnation, and several people were living in the hotel.
No one can work or live in the building until everything is brought up to code.