Chimney crashes into Auburn girl’s bedroom, child unhurt

Photo Supplied / Jeff Bowman - ABC 21

AUBURN, Ind. (WOWO): The storms that blew through the area Tuesday night and Wednesday morning almost ended in tragedy for one Auburn family. A chimney on the roof of a home on Garman road ended up in a girl’s bedroom.

Her father, Niels Schwartz, describes it to our Partners in News at ABC21:

“We started running toward our kids who were upstairs. My wife couldn’t get my daughter’s door open because the roof had all caved in. There was a big massive piece of our chimney, crushed half of her bed. She was untouched.”

Photo Supplied / Jeff Bowman – ABC 21

The girl was hit by some debris, but wasn’t hurt. Neither was anyone else inside the home.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here