NATIONWIDE, (WOWO) – Conagra Brands is voluntarily recalling certain varieties of Duncan Hines cake mix after a study finds it may be linked to a Salmonella outbreak.
While the product has not been verified as the cause of the outbreak, Conagra has issued the recall as a precaution, as certain cake mix varieties were made during the same time period as the suspected outbreak.
So far, five reports of illnesses due to Salmonella have been issued and are being researched by the CDC and FDA as part of the investigation. Several of the individuals reported consuming a cake mix at some point prior to becoming ill, and some may have also consumed these products raw and not baked.
The recalled products include:
- Duncan Hines Classic White Cake 15.25 oz.
- Product UPC: 644209307500
- Best-If-Used-By Date: MAR 7 2019; MAR 8 2019; MAR 9 2019; MAR 10 2019; MAR 12 2019; MAR 13 2019
- Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake 15.25 oz.
- Product UPC: 644209307494
- Best-If-Used-By Date: MAR 9 2019; MAR 10 2019; MAR 12 2019; MAR 13 2019
- Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake 15.25 oz.
- Product UPC: 644209307593
- Best-If-Used-By Date: MAR 7 2019; MAR 8 2019; MAR 9 2019
- Duncan Hines Signature Confetti Cake 15.25 oz.
- Product UPC: 644209414550
- Best-If-Used-By Date: MAR 12 2019; MAR 13 2019
Consumers are reminded not to eat any raw batter. Consumers should also wash their hands, work surfaces and utensils thoroughly after contact with raw batter products.
If you have purchased one of the above recalled cake mixes, do not consume it and return it to the store of purchase.
Consumers with questions should call 1-888-299-7646 or visit www.duncanhines.com.