Two Escape Kitchen Fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO):  The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 1802 Kinsmoor Avenue around 4:51 a.m. Sunday morning.

Heavy fire was seen coming out of the one story home.  Two adults were inside and able to escape safely.  Crews were able to have the kitchen fire under control in around 9 minutes.  The home received moderate fire and smoke damage, and also a car parked in the driveway was also damaged. 

It was determined that the fire was started because of a cooking accident.