FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Officials with the City of Fort Wayne, released the following traffic reminder:
Construction in downtown's west end will begin this week for the Fairfield/Ewing/Superior/Wells roundabout and the two-way conversion of Fairfield and Ewing. Motorists will notice several traffic restrictions beginning this week.
The first phase of construction will focus on the portion of the roundabout at Fairfield and Wells. Here are traffic pattern changes you will notice beginning next week.
* On Monday August 4, crews will begin converting Ewing Street into 2-way traffic from Superior Street to Jefferson Boulevard. The conversion is expected to be completed by the afternoon of Tuesday August 5.
* Fairfield Avenue will be closed from Superior to Main Street.
* When you're on the Wells Street Bridge, north of Superior, you will be routed to the east side of the bridge. The west side of the bridge will be closed.
* Superior, between Sherman and Fairfield, will be open for local destinations only. You will not be able to cross Fairfield heading east.
* If you're driving west on Superior, you will have to turn either south on Ewing or north on Wells.
* The intersection of Wells/Superior/Ewing will have a three-way stop during construction.