INDIANAPOLIS (WOWO): With temperatures expected to approach the mid 90s, Saturday and Sunday will be Air Quality Action Days due to high ozone levels.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) issued the days for Allen and Huntington Counties.
IDEM says the following can help reduce ozone:
- Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation
- Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip
- Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
- Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds
- Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above
IDEM also cautions children, the elderly, and anyone with heart or lung conditions should reduce or avoid exertion and heavy work outdoors.