FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA) will transition its ongoing road construction project into its third phase beginning Monday, August 27.
Phase 3 will transition all airport traffic onto the new entrance road, with the current entrance being blocked off to traffic.
Phase 3 of the project will include the following changes:
- the construction of a new Economy parking lot exit through the Long Term lot
- the construction of a temporary access point from the new terminal drive to Long Term parking
- a new sidewalk connecting the Economy and Long Term lots
- the removal of both the old 2nd Street and old Ross Drive
During Phase 3 and a portion of Phase 4, the handicapped parking spaces in the Economy Lot will be unavailable, but handicapped parking will still be provided in Short Term and Long Term lots. In addition to the new phase of construction, the Cell Phone Lot will reopen.
Phase 3 is scheduled to last approximately 15 days. Following its completion, construction will continue through phases 4, 5 and 6 and will include the following changes:
- Phase 4
- new entrance for Short Term parking
- construction of the remaining lanes of the new Ross Drive
- Phase 5
- curb and gutter replacement for Long and Short Term parking entrances
- Phase 6
- final resurfacing
- placement of markings
- final restoration of the construction site
The entire terminal and road project is currently scheduled to be completed by the end of September.