No injuries in early-morning Fort Wayne fire

(Photo Supplied/Fort Wayne Fire Dept)

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A man and his dog are unharmed after an early morning fire on the north side Fort Wayne.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to a home in the 800 block of Laddie Lane at about 3:46 this morning when the homeowner was awakened by the smell of smoke.

He got out of the house before firefighters arrived; they found smoke coming from the garage, and made their entry through the house to limit the fire’s spread. They were able to keep the fire contained to the garage, bringing the fire under control about 30 minutes after arrival.

The homeowner’s dog was found safe inside the house and was reunited with its owner.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here