FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – Middle Waves Music Festival announced the initial 2017 lineup Monday night.
The festival is set to take place Friday, September 15 from 5 to 11 p.m. and Saturday, September 16 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
This year’s festival will be headlined by the Grammy-nominated band, MGMT. Known for songs “Electric Feel” and “Kids”, MGMT has toured with Paul McCartney, Radiohead, M.I.A. and Beck.
Other performances include:
- Super Duper Kyle (hip-hop, Ventura, CA)
- Thao & The Get Down Stay Down (indie folk, San Francisco, CA)
- The Lemon Twigs (pop/rock, Long Island, NY)
- Shannon & The Clams (indie rock, Oakland, CA)
- Flint Eastwood (dance-pop, Detroit, MI)
- Selector Dub Narcotic (electronic, Olympia, WA)
- Sam Evian (indie rock, Brooklyn, NY)
- Rising Over Envy (R.O.E.) (hip-hop, Chicago, IL)
- The Murderburgers (punk, Scotland)
- Mike Adams at His Honest Weight (pop/rock, Bloomington, IN)
- City Mouse (pop-punk, Riverside, CA)
Local Fort Wayne bands will also perform at this year’s festival.
- Belle & the Strange (folk rock)
- Flamingo Nosebleed (punk)
- Left Lane Cruiser (blues)
- Love Hustler (electronic/pop)
- My Apollo (pop/rock)
- Rosalind & The Way (folk rock)
- Silbo Gomero (chamber pop)
- Three Cities (rock)
- Fatima Washington (pop)
- Zephaniah (metal)
More artists will be announced within the next few weeks.
The festival will have three stages in separate locations.
St. Marys Stage, presented by Parkview Health, is the festival’s “main stage.” It’s located in the green space of Headwaters Park East, with the stage backed up to the St. Marys River. A ticket is required for entry into the gated area.
The Maumee Stage is in the natural amphitheater area in Headwaters Park West.
The St. Joseph Stage is located north of the Maumee Stage, in the green circular lawn.
The Village, presented by Riverfront Fort Wayne, will be located in Headwater’s Park main pavilion, and will include food and vendors, art experiences, pop-up performances and more.
The Maumee Stage, the St. Joseph Stage, and the Village are all free and open to the public.
Tickets are now available. VVIP tickets are $150, two-day general admission are $75, and on the day-of-show, ticket prices will increase by $10.
Kids 12 years and younger are free with a paid adult.