INDIANA, (WOWO): Meijer stores across the region will pay $2 million to settle charges that the retailer knowingly sold and distributed hundreds of recalled products.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says Meijer distributed at least a dozen different recalled products – from toys to vacuum cleaners – through a system it operated with a third-party contractor. It's against the law to sell or distribute products that have been recalled. In agreeing to the settlement, Meijer neither acknowledges nor denies the charges.
The recalled products include:
• 50 Discovery Kids Animated Marine and Safari Lamps imported by Innovage LLC;
• 6 SlingRider Baby Slings manufactured by Infantino
• 93 Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners with Cord Rewind Feature imported by Hoover Inc
• 114 Fisher-Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles manufactured by Fisher-Price
• 69 Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampways imported by Fisher Price
• 27 Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquariums imported by Fisher-Price
• 136 Bathtub Subs imported by Munchkin, Inc.
• 17 Refreshing Rings Infant Teethers/Rattles imported by Sassy
• 1,173 Touch Point Oscillating Ceramic Heater manufactured by Ningbo Dongi Electronic
• 1 Harmony High Chair manufactured by Graco Children’s Products
• 1 Random Orbit Sander manufactured by Black & Decker; and
• 5 Box Fans manufactured by Lasko.