MILFORD, Ind. (WOWO): Based on the fire scene examination by the Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire at Medina’s Body Shop in Milford, has been ruled as accidental.
The fire originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the building. Evidence found at the scene indicates an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying power to a ceiling light.
25-year-old Annalu Nunez and Jose Cruz Medina were found dead, in the apartment above the shop. According to the Kosciusko County coroner, both victims died of smoke inhalation.
Fire investigators were challenged by unsafe conditions they say kept emergency crews from searching the building.