INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WOWO): The plan for Indiana’s next 100 years was released.
The Indiana Bicentennial Commission presented their “visioning” project for the state’s next 100 years to former Lt. Governor Becky Skillman.
The report documents recommendations from more than 150 statewide leaders and focuses on 11 broad subjects.
The subjects are:
- agriculture and rural affairs
- arts, leisure and culture
- business, industry and economy
- civic engagement and philanthropy
- education and career development
- environment and conservation
- governance and infrastructure
- health and welfare
- public safety and homeland security
- and religion.
Congressman Lee Hamilton and Ivy Tech President Dr. Sue Ellspermann presented the report. Hamilton co-chairs the Bicentennial Commission and Ellspermann served as a director of the Bicentennial Visioning Project and facilitated 13 visioning sessions.
You can read the full report below.