Indiana Education Department Pulls Down Website Due to Hacking

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ The Indiana Department of Education has taken down its website again amid reports it had been hacked for the second time in four days.
 
Department spokesman Daniel Altman isn't confirming the site was hacked Thursday but says the agency took it offline “just to ensure that everything was kept secure.'' He promised more information later Thursday.
 
The Indianapolis Star reports that before it was taken down the website showed a message: “SURPRISED WE ARE HERE AGAIN ??? THE LAST TIME THIS SITE WAS DOWN NO PATCH WAS DONE.''
 
Altman told the Star Monday that the home page was taken over early that day and changed to say it had been hacked by the Nigeria Cyber Army. He said it would take time to complete a patch to deter further hacking.