FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A driver on the east side of town alerted the Fort Wayne Fire Department to a house that was in flames.
Crews arrived to the home on the 1500 block of Kitch Street around 12:11 a.m. and found fire blowing out of the windows. At that point fire had spread from the bedroom to the attic and surrounding rooms.
In the backyard, a power line fell on a chain-link fence. AEP was able to arrive on the scene to take care of the downed power line.
It took about 24 minutes to control and extinguish the fire. No one was home at the time.