FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Just after 2:00 p.m. today, Fort Wayne firefighters got a call to a house fire at Hunters Knoll Place.
Crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen and smoke filling the home. One adult and three kids were already outside, having been alerted by a smoke detector.
The fire was under control in 10 minutes, but it had already caused minor fire and moderate smoke damage to the home.
No injuries were reported, and according to fire crews, the cause of the fire was food left unattended on the stove.