Four People Escape House Fire on Linda Drive

FORT WAYNE, Ind (WOWO): This afternoon, the Fort Wayne Fire Department got a call about a house fire just after 1:00 p.m.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming form the roof of the home and fire venting from the attic.

Four people, who were home during the time of the fire escaped without injury and firefighters had the blaze under control within 14 minutes.

Upon investigation fire crews learned the flames started in the chimney of the fireplace.