FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Fort Wayne Fire Crews battled a house fire on Fort Wayne's northeast side. At 5:39 P.M. Wednesday, crews were called to Hope Farm Road near Lahmeyer Road where they found a 2-story home with heavy fire coming from the exterior back of the home. Firefighters went into the house and found fire in the basement and second level. The fire on the outside of the house involved the natural gas meter, which caused a natural gas leak. FWFD crews were able to put out the interior fire but could only contain the exterior fire to the gas meter until NIPSCO got to the scene to shut off the natural gas to the house. Crews then extinguished the rest of the fire. Four people were inside but self-evacuated. No injuries were reported. The fire was under control in about an hour and a half.