Employees Overcome by Fumes at V.A. Hospital

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): About 30 employees reportedly suffered irritation from exposure to chemical fumes yesterday at Fort Wayne’s V.A. hospital complex on Lake Avenue.  The Journal Gazette says the chemicals were being used during floor renovations.  The hospital says no patients were affected and that more air treatment equipment was being brought in to prevent any future problems.  Work schedules were also adjusted so that as much of the work as possible can be performed during off-hours and weekends.