Elkhart Burger King a “total” loss due to careless smoking

("Afraid of a little forest fire?" by Staci Lichterman, CC BY 2.0)

ELKHART, Ind. (WOWO): Fire officials in Elkhart say a cigarette tossed in some mulch ignited the side of the Burger King on Nappanee Street at West Indiana Avenue, destroying the building.

Crews were called at about 1:30 Tuesday afternoon and had the blaze under control within an hour. No injuries were reported.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here