Eight Sickened by Carbon Monoxide in Indianapolis Home

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning at an Indianapolis home has sent eight people to a hospital.
 
The Indianapolis Fire Department says three adults in the home were found unconscious Thursday morning and two other adults and three children showed signs of illness.
 
Firefighters detected an unidentified smell in the home and immediately shut off the furnace and water heater.
 
A test showed carbon monoxide levels inside the home to be more than four times the level that will activate a carbon monoxide detector.  However, firefighters say the family did not have a working carbon monoxide detector in the home.
 
The source of the gas wasn't immediately clear.