ANGOLA, Ind. (WOWO): A brief pursuit with a motorcyclist led to something more in Angola.
The Angola Police Department says an officer tried to pull over a Harley-Davidson for speeding around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. The driver did not pull over and instead tried to flee the officer, according to the Angola Police Department.
The pursuit continued on U.S. 20 near I-69 to County Road 650, where the driver, 30-year-old Andrew Fitch, lost control and laid the motorcycle on its side.
Fitch was uninjured, but police reportedly discovered about 80 grams of methamphetamine, marijuana, paraphernalia and a large amount of cash.
He was booked into Steuben County Jail on the following charges:
- Resisting Law Enforcement with a vehicle, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana, B Misdemeanor
- Possession of paraphernalia, C Misdemeanor
- Dealing in Methamphetamine, Level 2 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 3 Felony
Fitch also had a warrant out of DeKalb County, according to police.