FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – The Downtown Improvement District is offering another Winter-Spring contest which invites businesses, organizations, and individuals to submit their best ideas for events in February, March, or April 2018.
$10,000 has been allocated to the contest, and winners will receive funding as well as event consultation sessions.
The Downtown Improvement District will accept initial applications until 5 p.m. Friday, July 30.
Those who are chosen to advance as finalists will be notified no later than July 30 with instructions on submitting a final proposal.
Event winners will be chosen September 2017.
Events that occur in February and March 2018 and provide a pleasant downtown experience for all ages are especially desired.
Contest rules include:
1) Fill out the online submission form at www.DowntownFortWayne.com/New-Events/ . Concept submissions must be received by Friday June 30th at 5:00 p.m.
2) Submissions must be entirely complete. Incomplete submissions will be automatically disqualified with no exceptions.
3) The event must take place entirely within the Downtown Improvement District boundaries.
4) The choice of vendors used for the event is at the discretion of the event planner, but at least 50% of the event vendors must be located within the District as defined by the 99 blocks. This may include, but is not limited to: food, security, graphic design, web design, printing, installations, décor, venues, performers, and logistical needs.
5) The Downtown Improvement District will provide event consulting to the winning events. This one hour consultation will be provided primarily by the Downtown Improvement District’s Event Manager, but may include other staff as necessary at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District President.
6) If selected a brief event report must be submitted each month for the months leading up to the event due on the first day of the month. For example, a March event winner must submit their report on January 1st, February 1st, and March 1st. The format of this report is at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District, but will be brief.
7) The Downtown Improvement District must be considered a top-level sponsor on any winning event. Sponsorship benefits must include logo inclusion on all marketing materials, inclusion in press/media materials, and any and all other applicable sponsor benefits.