FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A number of Allen County nonprofits are getting a share of $1.2 million in grant money.
The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne announced the awards Wednesday. It chose the organizations serving “strategic priority areas” such as basic human needs, youth and adult education, health and community development.
The biggest grants were an almost $50,000 award going to the Fort Wayne Zoological Society for the Zoo Connectivity Project, and $45,000 to the Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne for youth development programs.
The full list of recipients, courtesy of Inside Indiana Business, is below.
- Allen County Education Partnership ($25,000) – Literacy program for kindergarten through third grade children
- Allen County Fort Wayne Historical Society ($25,000) – K-12 student group tour visitation program
- Artlink ($5,000) – Exhibits and educational programs
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne ($45,000) – Youth development programs
- Caring About People ($6,000) – Phone system
- Catholic Charities, Fort Wayne/South Bend Diocese ($20,000) – Services for pregnant/parenting teens and young adults focusing on education
- Cornerstone Youth Center ($20,000) – Youth development programs for all youth in grades 7-12
- Crossroad Child & Family Services ($10,000) – Treatment services for troubled children and their families
- Educational Opportunity Center ($25,000) – Educational classes and services
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre ($35,000) – Community theatre for the 2015-2016 season
- Fort Wayne Cinema Center ($10,000) – Showcase film as an art form
- Fort Wayne Public Television ($15,000) – Local arts and public affair programs
- Fort Wayne Zoological Society ($49,564) – The Zoo Connectivity Project
- The Carriage House ($40,000) – Programs assisting adults with serious mental illness to live independently and work in the community
- Mental Health America ($20,000) – Client advocacy services
- Salvation Army ($10,000) – Social services
- SCAN ($25,000) – Family Preservation Program
- Vincent Village ($42,500) – Programs serving homeless families with children
- Volunteer Center @ RSVP ($25,000) – Volunteer community service program