FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – Five young men will be ordained as priests on Saturday, June 2, according to The News-Sentinel.
The Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend will ordain the men at 11 a.m. at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Fort Wayne.
This is the largest group of new priests since 1975.
The men scheduled to be ordained all currently serve as deacons. The men and their home parishes are as follows:
- Deacon Patrick Hake, St. Vincent de Paul, Fort Wayne
- Deacon Jay Horning, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Fort Wayne
- Deacon David Huneck, St. Vincent de Paul, Fort Wayne
- Deacon Nathan Maskal, St. Charles Borromeo, Fort Wayne
- Deacon Thomas Zehr, Our Lady of Good Hope, Fort Wayne
Doors open at 9:30 a.m., and the Mass will be open to the public.