Building Fire in New Haven Ruled Accidental

NEW HAVEN Ind. (WOWO): The New Haven/Adams Twp. Fire Department responded to a building fire Wednesday morning.

It happened on the 2100 block of Summit St. in New Haven after a furnace caught fire. Crews were there just after 6:45 a.m. and found everyone had evacuated after large amounts of smoke.

Employees in the building attempted to extinguish the fire, but were unsuccessful. The fire department was there less than 10 minutes later and was able to put out the fire completely.

Investigators say two belts broke on the building's furnace motor and the fire was accidental. No injuries were reported.