FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – Brightpoint’s Summer Cooling Program began last month and runs through August 24.
The Summer Cooling Program provides families with a $210 credit automatically applied to their electric bill if they were approved for the heating assistance program last season.
Households that did not receive heating assistance between November 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018 may apply for assistance now through August 24.
To be eligible, households must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines. The maximum yearly income allowed is:
- One-person household: No more than $18,090 annually
- Two-person household: No more than $24,360 annually
- Three-person household: No more than $30,630 annually
- Four-person household: No more than $36,900 annually
- Add $6,270 for each additional family member
For those who think they may qualify and would like to apply, call Brightpoint’s 24/7 appointment hotline at (800)-589-2264 or visit mybrightpoint.org/schedule to schedule an appointment.