FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): More roads have been affected by today’s rain.
As of 3:10 p.m., the Allen County Highway Department reports the following roads affected by high water due to recent rain:
- Barkley Rd. from Brunson Rd. to Minnich Rd.
- Fackler Rd. at Barkley Rd.
- Figel Rd. from Fackler Rd. to Houk Rd.
- Hoagland Rd. from Mill Rd. to US 27
- Hoffman Rd. at Wilson Rd.
- Maples Rd. from Snyder Rd. to Wilson Rd.
- Wilson Rd. at Monroeville Rd.
Motorists should drive with caution and not attempt to drive through areas of high water.
In addition, the Highway Department’s South Barn is offering citizens free sand and sandbags. The fill-them-yourself bags and sand will be available anytime until further notice inside the salt storage units at the south facility located at 8317 East Tillman Road. Sandbags are available on a first-come basis and you will need to bring your own shovel.