WASHINGTON, D.C. – Several airports throughout Indiana will receive support through two recent rounds of funding from the Federal Aviation Administration, according to Inside Indiana Business.
Known as the Airport Improvement Program, the funds will pay for several areas of work including runways, taxiways, airport signage, lighting and markings.
The project funding comes from pools that total $185 million and $230 million, including:
- Indianapolis Regional in McCordsville, apron rehabilitation, $53,236
- Hendricks County- Gordon Graham Field in Danville, runway rehabilitation, $458,424
- Frankfort Municipal, update airport master plan study, $104,400
- Huntington Municipal, apron expansion, $441,002
- La Porte Municipal, land acquisition for development, $150,000
- Shelbyville Municipal, runway rehabilitation, $130,500