FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): It’s a golden anniversary for one of Fort Wayne’s biggest events of the year.
The 50th Three Rivers Festival kicks off Friday in downtown Fort Wayne, with the opening of the midway at Headwaters Park.
The event will force road closures on East Main Street and Barr Street from 6pm tonight through 11pm Sunday for “Art in the Park” exhibits, and the annual downtown parade starts at about 9:45am Saturday, with a number of road closures from 6:30am to 1pm (per ABC 21):
- W. Wayne Street from Thieme to Fairfield
- W. Main Street from Runnion to Lafayette
- Van Buren Street from Superior to Washington
- Fairfield Avenue from Superior to Wayne
- Ewing Street from Main to Wayne
- Harrison Street from Wayne to Main
- Calhoun Street from Superior to Washington
- Berry Street from Clinton to Fairfield
- Superior Street from Clinton to Harrison
- Barr Street from Main to Berry
The 9-day annual event draws hundreds of thousands of people to downtown Fort Wayne every year. Learn more here.