Mayor Henry today announced that 10 local businesses will receive 2013 Commercial Façade Grants, including the Quimby Village area along Bluffton Road. This year’s recipients will get more than $202,000 in City funding and have pledged to contribute nearly $850,000 to make improvements to their properties. Quimby Village will receive $40,000 in grant money and will match the award with approximately $150,000 in improvements. The remaining recipients are listed below.
- Billy’s Dug Out, 3401 Fairfield Ave.
- Born Again Quilts, 4005 S. Wayne Ave.
- Brewers’ Art Supply, 1425 Wells St.
- Fairfield Shops, 2002-2014 Fairfield Ave.
- Java Bean, 2715-2717 Broadway
- North Anthony Center, 3322-3528 N. Anthony Blvd.
- Oyster Bar, 1830 S. Calhoun St.
- Red Wood Inn, 1432-1436 W. Main St.
- 2020 Broadway Building, 2020 Broadway