Want to keep receiving WOWO News text alerts? Read this... Created by on 11/7/2013 8:20:57 AM
If you receive WOWO text messages for news, sports and weather updates AND would like to continue to get breaking news instantly on your mobile phone -- there's a new government regulation that changes how we communicate with each other. You may have seen a message from us that says:
WOWO: Due to GOV change we will ask you if you still want to get txt alerts from WOWO! ITS NOT SPAM!! Reply "Y" WHEN YOU GET IT & be registered 2 win a CRUISE!!
Because of this new change in federal law, WOWO is asking all of our current text subscribers to agree to opt-in AGAIN. You will receive an upcoming text message from WOWO asking you to OPT IN to each of the services you have signed up for in the past. You MUST reply in order to still receive breaking news, weather and traffic updates. Otherwise you will be automatically opted out of the WOWO News service.
This is still a FREE service. Just make sure you have texting on your mobile plan because data and message rates may apply.
When you respond "Y", you will continue to get the messages for which you are already subscribed.
Once you've opted-in again, you will continue to enjoy the messages with no interruption. If you’re not signed up, we encourage you to do so by texting keyword "news" to 46862
Have questions? E-mail program director Ryan Wrecker OR give us a call at 260-447-5511.
When entering contesting... general station rules apply.
Contest Rules Apply:
1. Only one Federated Media prize of any value may be won within 60 days (2 Months). All prizes won within less time than these waiting periods will be forfeited. This includes all Federated Media properties (WBYR, WQHK, WFGA/WKJG, WMEE, WOWO).
2. No purchase necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age to win.
3. Winner is solely responsible for claiming their prize and/or fulfilling travel arrangements. Prize must be claimed at the Federated Media offices during regular business hours 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. If prize is not claimed within a 30-day period of winning it will become property of Federated Media.
4. Employees of Federated Media, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, all additional sponsors and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Federated Media reserves the right to deny participation for any reason.
5. Winner must be able to produce proper identification to claim prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes, insurance, title and any additional fees. This includes, but is not limited to, all passport and processing fees, travel expenses and must meet all eligibility requirements. Other restrictions may apply.
6. Winner consents to allow Federated Media the use of their name for promotional advertisements for the station with no monetary or other compensation.
7. Winner must waive any and all claims of liability against Federated Media, its subsidiaries and all respective employees and agents for any personal injury or loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of the prize. Winner must sign a liability form that releases Federated Media, its subsidiaries, other owners and related entities from any liability.
8. No cash or substitute prize will be awarded in lieu of the advertised prize. The prize is non-transferable. If a winner cannot accept the prize as offered or he/she fails to meet eligibility requirements, he/she shall forfeit the prize and the prize will become the property of Federated Media or will be awarded to another contestant.
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
10. Participants in this contest agree to the above rules, as well as, any additional rules, which may be implemented. Rules are subject to change without prior notification. Any rule changes will be published. Rules are available at the Federated Media, 2915 Maples Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46816 during regular business hours, 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
11. 1 (one) grand prize of a cruise includes accommodations with inside the cabin for 2 Adults. Departs from various US ports (Such as Miami, Port Canaveral or Los Angeles). Trip requires a 90 day advance booking notice. Traveler pays port fees only.