2 young girls confirmed dead in South Bend fire...
Created by kblakeslee on 2/11/2013 4:45:58 PM

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) _ A coroner says two young girls died of soot and smoke inhalation in a fire at an apartment building in South Bend.
  St. Joseph County Coroner Michael O'Connell says 4-year-old Me'Chielle Marshall and 6-year-old Navaeh Marshall died in the predawn fire Sunday. The siblings had been trapped in an upstairs bedroom.
  WSBT-TV reports investigators likely won't know what started the fire for several days yet.
  Firefighters arrived at the blaze about 4:30 a.m. Sunday and found the first floor of the building engulfed in flames. South Bend Fire Chief Steve Cox says firefighters quickly pulled the two children from the fire.

 Two adults also were injured.