Couple Escape Whitley County House Fire
Created by on 12/28/2012 5:58:40 AM


Fire investigators are crediting working smoke detectors for preventing a possible tragedy yesterday in Whitley County.  Fire was reported Thursday morning at a home along SR-114 near CR-300-E.  Although there was significant damage,  two residents who were inside heard the smoke detectors and were able to escape the flames.  Neither of the residents was uninjured, but a volunteer firefighter was taken to the hospital complaining of chest pains.